The class 10 English Grammar paper tests a student’s understanding of a variety of sentence patterns and exercises. These grammar exercises cover questions of those kind.
Class 10 English Grammar Worksheets
1. Does John enjoy —————— models from clay?
a) to make
d) to making
2. While holidaying in Toronto, Alice ————– a strong Canadian accent.
3. —————– he was, he played well.
a) though tired
b) tired though
c) as tired
d) although tired
Answer: tired though
4. —————– she was, she could not find her way.
a) though shocked
b) although shocked
c) as shocked
d) shocked as
Answer: shocked as
5. Their front door was open, ————– nobody was at home.
6. The bell for school has already —————.
7. Sita ————– wait until her birthday.
a) can hardly
b) can’t hardly
c) won’t hardly
d) couldn’t hardly
Answer: can hardly
8. There were ——————- children in the class than expected.
9. We were given —————- work today than yesterday.
10. John has —————– on the sofa all morning.
11. Each day she —————- her books neatly on the table.
12. His old car goes ————— but sounds ————–.
a) quick, noisy
b) quickly, noisy
c) quickly, noisily
d) quick, noisily
Answer: quickly, noisy
13. My aunt gave me a necklace —————- I was very thankful.
a) to which
b) on which
c) at which
d) for which
Answer: for which
14. ——————- circumstances arise that work becomes available, we shall tell you.
15. Alice says that she has already —————- the table.