Aditya has received a good job offer from a software firm in the US. Here is a piece of conversation between him and his friend Gautam. Read the conversation and complete the letter by choosing the correct option.
Gautam: Hello, Aditya. How’re you doing?
Aditya: Very well, thanks. How’re you?
Gautam: I’m fine, thank you. Haven’t seen you in several months.
Aditya: Well, I was busy with some personal stuff. I have received a good job offer from a US company.
Gautam: Oh, I see. When are you leaving?
Aditya: I will be leaving for the US next week.
Gautam: You’ve made it big, mate. I’m really happy for you.
Aditya: Thank you. Well, I’ve got to do some packing. See you later. Bye.
Gautam: Bye. Have a nice journey.
Aditya: Thank you.
I hope you are doing well. I think you remember Aditya. He was our classmate at IIT Bombay. I met him yesterday and he told me that he ………1…….. a good job offer from a US company. I asked him when he ……….2……… He said that he ……..3………… for the US the next week. I congratulated him and told him that I ………4…….. for him.
1. a) has received; b) received; c) had received; d) have received
2. a) are leaving; b) was leaving; c) will be leaving; d) will leave
3. a) will be leaving; b) would be leaving; c) would leave; d) will leave
3. a) am happy; b) was happy; c) had been happy; d) will be happy
1. had received; 2. was leaving; 3. would be leaving; 4. was happy