English Lesson of the Day
Practical English Usage
English grammar and vocabulary exercises
How to write a letter of greeting?
There are some stock phrases that you can use in your letters. They not only make the letter-writing process easier, but also add a professional touch to it. Here is a list of phrases that you can use in a letter of greeting.
Phrases that you can use in the opening paragraph
1) I was pleasantly surprised to hear / know that …
2) Please accept my heartiest greetings on the eve of …
3) Please accept my best wishes on this happy / auspicious occasion.
Phrases that you can use in the subsequent paragraphs
1) May this occasion bring you all happiness and prosperity!
2) May everyday of your life be as pleasant and as auspicious as this day!
3) May God grant you every success in the years to come!
Phrases that you can use in the closing paragraph
1) Once again I would like to convey my sincerest greetings on this occasion.
2) Wishing you all the best in life.
3) I look forward to hearing from you.
4) See you soon.
Sample letter of greeting
Please accept my heartiest greetings on the eve of New Year. May God grant you every success in the coming year! I regret my inability to celebrate this evening with you because of some urgent business commitments.
See you soon.
Content inspired by the Rapidex English speaking course
Buy my book
|English Grammar |||Practical English Usage |||Grammatical terms |||English Writing |||English speaking |||Vocabulary ||
|Copyright © 2006 - 2012 perfectyourenglish.com |
All Rights Reserved.