Complete the following sentences using enough. In some cases, either could be used.
Click here for a printer-friendly version of this below or under worksheet
If you want to learn the correct usage of below and under before doing this exercise, go to this study page.
Complete the following sentences using below or under.
Below is preferred when one thing is not directly under another and in measurements of temperature and height.
Under is used to mean less than or younger than. Under is also preferred when something is covered by what is over it.
1. The cat is - the roof.
2. There were - fifty people at the meeting.
3. In most countries you cant drive if you are eighteen.
4. She is well average in intelligence.
5. The sun disappeared the horizon.
6. She was wearing a black shirt - the sweater.
7. Parts of Holland are sea level.
8. The whole village was water.
1. The cat is under the roof.
2. There were under fifty people at the meeting.
3. In most countries you cant drive if you are under 18.
4. She is well below average in intelligence.
5. The sun disappeared below the horizon.
6. She was wearing a black shirt under the sweater.
7. Parts of Holland are below sea level.
8. The whole village was under water.
Teachers and parents may print these worksheets for their students. Click here for a printer-friendly version of this below or under worksheet.
More Grammar worksheets
Subscribe to our feed and get a grammar ebook for free
Subscribe to our feed and get our eBook 'Perfect Your Sentences: 120 Grammar and vocabulary mistakes to avoid' for free. You will also receive free English grammar, writing and vocabulary lessons. Just leave your email in the box given below. The download link will be sent by email.
For a comprehensive account of English grammar, visit our section English Grammar. For English grammar and vocabulary exercises, visit Grammar and vocabulary exercises. For Business English writing lessons visit Business English New!