- ‘How is the patient doctor?’ ‘No different.’
- His ideas are little different from those of his friends.
Quite different means ‘completely different’.
- I thought you would be like your sister, but you are quite different.
Different can also be modified by very.
- She is very different from her sister.
Prepositions after different
- American football is very different from/to soccer.
After different, Americans use from or than.
- American football is very different from/than soccer.
Dead and died: differences New!
Definite article or indefinite article - what to use?
Due to and owing to
Due to, owing to, because of and on account of
During, in and for