The structure would like + infinitive is often used as a polite way of saying want. It is very common in requests and offers.
- I would like something to drink.
- I would like two kilos of potatoes, please.
- I would like to go now.
- I would like to watch that film.
- I would like to visit that place.
The structure would you like is commonly used in polite offers.
- Would you like something to drink?
- Would you like to join us?
- Would you like to go for a walk?
- Would you like to play with me?
- Would you like some advice?
Search the Dictionary of Practical English Usage