- Each candidate was interviewed by the HR manager. (NOT Each candidates were interviewed by the ...)
- Each hand has five fingers.
- Every man must do his duty.
- There are long fields of rice on either side of the river.
- Come on Tuesday or Wednesday. Either day is fine.
- Neither boy is trustworthy.
- Neither answer was correct.
Before a pronoun or a noun with a determiner (e.g. the, my, this), distributive adjectives are used with of.
- Each of the candidates was interviewed by the HR manager. (NOT Each the candidate...) (NOT Each of the candidate...)
- Every one of us must do our duty.
- Either of the children is quite capable of looking after the dog.
- Neither of the boys is dependable.
Sections in this article
Adjectives placed before nouns
Adjectives placed after verbs
Adjectives without Nouns
Adjectives: order before nouns
Kinds of Adjectives
Adjectives with and
Adjectives of quantity
Adjectives of number or numeral adjectives
Adjectives - definition