English Lesson of the Day
Practical English Usage
English grammar and vocabulary exercises
How to write a letter of congratulation?
There are some stock phrases that you can use in your letters. They not only make the letter-writing process easier, but also add a professional touch to it. Here is a collection of phrases that you can use in letters of congratulation.
Phrases that you can use in the opening paragraph
1) I am so happy to know that …
2) I was delighted to hear about …
3) We are thrilled to hear about your …
4) I was beside myself with joy when I heard about …
Phrases that you can use in the subsequent paragraphs
1) Please accept my heartiest congratulations on …
2) It is really a great achievement and we are all very proud of you.
3) I am delighted to hear that you have realized your cherished ambition.
4) I wish you greater successes all through your life.
5) I am sure you will have many more similar occasions to celebrate.
6) I am sure you will bring glory to your profession.
Phrases that you can use in the closing paragraph
1) Once again I congratulate you on your success.
2) May God grant you similar successes in the years to come.
Sample letter of congratulation
I was beside myself with joy when I learned that you had topped the list of successful candidates in the Medical Entrance Examination. At last you have realized your cherished ambition. It is really a splendid achievement and we are all proud of you.
By the way, how are you going to celebrate this occasion? I am hoping that you will be throwing a grand party.
May God continue to grant you similar successes in the years to come.
Content inspired by the Rapidex English speaking course
Buy my book
|English Grammar |||Practical English Usage |||Grammatical terms |||English Writing |||English speaking |||Vocabulary ||
|Copyright © 2006 - 2012 perfectyourenglish.com |
All Rights Reserved.