Sentence correction worksheets for CBSE class 5
Correct the following sentences.
1. She was carrying too many luggages.
2. Have you got any informations?
3. Betty is more nice than her sister.
4. The father of Karthik is an engineer.
5. That is theirs house.
6. We watched movie yesterday. Movie was very good.
7. Bill Gates is richest man in the world.
8. That laptop costed me 500 dollars.
9. Spider has eight legs.
10. Rohan and Sania likes to play the violin.
11. She invited my husband and myself.
12. The honesty is the best policy.
13. Can you get me a glass of water, please.
14. They has got two cars.
15. He swimmed across the river.
1. She was carrying too much luggage. (Luggage is an uncountable noun. It should be used with much.)
2. Have you got any information? (The noun information is uncountable; it does not have a plural form.)
3. Betty is nicer than her sister. (Adjectives of one or two syllables form their comparative and superlative forms by adding -er and -est to the positive.)
4. Karthik's father is an engineer.
5. That is their house. / That house is theirs.
6. We watched a movie yesterday. The movie was very good. (A singular countable noun requires an article or another determiner with it.)
7. Bill Gates is the richest man in the world.
8. That laptop cost me 500 dollars.
9. A spider has eight legs. / The spider has eight legs.
10. Rohan and Sania like to play the violin.
11. She invited my husband and me.
12. Honesty is the best policy. (Honesty is an abstract noun. Articles are not normally used with abstract nouns.)
13. Can you get me a glass of water, please?
14. They have got two cars. (The third person plural pronoun 'they' requires the verb have.)
15. He swam across the river. (The three forms of the verb swim are - swim, swam and swum)
Tenses exercises and worksheets
Identify the tense
Make sentences in the simple present tense
Make questions in the simple present tense
Simple present tense worksheet | sentence completion
Present continuous tense worksheet