Tenses worksheets for CBSE
Posted by Manjusha Filed in English Grammar
Complete the following sentences using an appropriate form of the verb. Click here for a printer-friendly version of this worksheet.
Complete the following sentences.
Since ancient times, trade relations
between India and Europe. There
a great demand for Indian goods in the European markets. In the medieval period, land routes
for this trade. Later the merchants and rulers
to look for sea routes for their trade with India.
Vasco da Gama, a Portuguese sailor,
. round the tip of South Africa in 1498 and
. at the port of Calicut in India. He
. trade privileges from the Zamorin. In 1510, the Portuguese
.. Goa. Thereafter, they
Diu-Daman under their control. The Portuguese
huge wealth from their trade with India.
Four options are given against each number separated by the symbol (/). Choose the one that will correctly complete the sentence given above.
1. existed / had existed / exist / were existed
2. has been / was / were / had been
3. used / were used / are used / had used
4. begin / had begun / began / has begun
5. had gone / goes / went / has gone
6. had landed / landed / lands / has landed
7. obtained / has obtained / had obtained / obtains
8. captures / captured / had captured / has captured
9. bring / brought / had brought / have brought
10. were amassing / amassed / had amassed / amass
1. Existed; 2. Was; 3. Were used; 4. Began; 5. Went; 6. Landed; 7. Obtained; 8. Captured; 9. Brought; 10. Amassed